Saturday, October 22, 2011

Goodwill Mirror + Halloween Dresser

Hi!  I hope you're having a good weekend.  Thanks for all your sweet comments about my Homemade Chalk Paint Dresser, it was a fun project and I'm looking forward to trying it again soon!  We attended our daughter's school Fall Ball last night.  It was great to catch up with all the parents and enjoy the fun activities!

I recently posted about my Goodwill finds and wanted to follow up on the mirror I purchased for $15.  Here it is the day I brought her home...
Sanded, taped off and ready for paint...
I used Krylon's Ivory in a satin finish, it took about 3-4 coats.
Before:
After:
Just what this entry needed!  
The lamp shade was a thrift store find for $2.99 and lamp base at Goodwill for $7.99!  
The homemade chalk paint dresser tucked away in the corner...
When I found the ghost at Hobby Lobby a few years back, it started out silver.  I sanded it down, sprayed it white and added Halloween rub-ons.  I created the framed subway art and the spider web pumpkin art with scrapbook paper and stickers.
Our son made the pumpkin bag using a carrot as the paint brush.  Love it!
The kids love the haunted house.  We light it up at night with LED lights.
Happy Halloween!  :)  

I'm linking up to:



Saved by Suzy

5 comments:

Jen @ Bungalov said...

I too love Goodwill. Went there this past weekend looking for treasures. Great find. I love that you kept it simple and painted it white. :)

black tag diaries said...

Love how the mirror turned out! it's a totally different piece! beautiful work!

Deb said...

What a difference a little bit of white paint makes...your mirror looks great Alicia! ~Deb~

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

What a great find! I love the shape. I'm so glad you linked to my party and I found your blog. I'm a new follower. I just read your "about me"...so nice to meet a fellow worrier, non-make-up wearing, unhair-do'ed new friend!

A Vintage Vine said...

The mirror is great you know I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...