Thursday, February 23, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover

Hey there!  My absence is due to the lovely weather we've been having!  Lots of time spent outdoors with the kids.  We're actually getting ready for Ava's first T-ball practice later tonight. 

 I wanted to share a simple DIY project that literally took me 20 minutes.  I feel like such a copy cat these days... I just love what I'm finding on Pinterest and saw this idea just yesterday.  Kate at The Small Things Blog (she is at Blissdom 2012 right now... so jealous!) showed this cute and easy way to create art from napkins.  I purchased these pretty mosaic napkins at World Market for $3.99 each.  The three frames were 40% off at Michaels', making them $4.99 a piece.  Project cost was under $30!  
The frames are 10x13 with a 8x10 mat.  
The napkins have great patterns, so I decided to feature my favorites in each frame.
I centered the design where I wanted, folded it inside the mat and secured the back.

My laundry room needed a pop of color.  This color palette was perfect!  Here is the result...
The other side of the laundry room has been updated too.  About two years ago, hubby custom built a shelving/hanging area for us.  We had cabinets in here when we moved in.  The house was a model and the realtors used this space for paper, supplies, etc.  One of these days I'll share what we did with those cabinets.  If you're a regular follower, you know me, I like to repurpose!  I'm always looking for ways to add more storage and those cabbies were definitely put to good use!  But for now, we'll focus on the laundry room.  Please excuse the photos, they are not the greatest, hopefully you get the idea.  
Believe it or not, I enjoy doing laundry in here.  It's come a long way from when we first moved in seven years ago.  Hope you have a good weekend!  I'll be busy painting the office and can't wait to show you details next week!  :)

I'm linking up to:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Saved by Suzy
TDC Before and After

20 comments:

Rachael said...

Love the fabric! Your laundry room is so clean! Looks great.

Kate said...

These are great! Love the colors.
~Kate
crafty-kate.blogspot.com

Maria said...

This is a great project! I love the frames and the fabric, great idea! What a beautiful looking laundry room... maybe if mine was as pretty it would make me want to be in there more!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and patterns you chose! I've been using up empty frames I have lying around with pretty scrapbook paper...same concept- quick, easy and cheap! Have a great weekend! =)

Cristina Garay said...

Love the colors and the fact that is a pretty easy project! I'm now following

http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

Carin said...

Looks great...looks like I'm looking for napkins and frames while I'm out today :)

Kari said...

Ok I am totally in love with your blog! I found you through Cents Girl's link party. Love the name, love the whole thing.....and am a new follower. How do you only have thirty some followers??? YOU ROCK!!! Love it...I will be passing on the word!

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

I love that these are so simple to make, yet have such a big impact! I love the colors too! I have even used cloth napkins to make pillows. Another quick and easy project to try! Thanks for the inspiration.

Cynthia said...

Love your art! Those napkins are soo fun!

DIYbyDesign said...

I just love the fabric. Great idea. I am your latest follower. I found you via Centsational Girl. I'd love for you to stop by and consider following me back. Thanks.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

The fabric looks great with the blue wall and beadboard.

Unknown said...

Such a cute idea to frame those napkins! Turned out so pretty...love the vintage scale too!! Found you over on Feathered Nest {following along for more cuteness}

the cape on the corner said...

that is great and super easy! i actually have a bunch of those frames-aren't they great!!

The Single Nester said...

Really lovely. I just purchased dish towels on sale at Target. I will make them either into a pillow or this great idea.

Sarah said...

I love your framed fabric!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What a beautiful job!

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Very nice!! I love the color scheme you've used!! The laundry room is "on my list" of to-do's....so thanks for the inspiration!!

Jenny said...

I love the framed fabric and have been thinking about doing something like that in my own home. Yours looks great! Love the fabric and what it adds to your laundry room!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! A friend of mine framed fabric also, what a cheap way to add color and design!

We are running a Before and After Link party to support Habitat for Humanity, with a chance to be featured on other big blogs and win gift cards. Would love if you entered! http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/2012-before-after-series/

Unknown said...

I love also your frame and for me it was a precious gem. Your laundry area looks clean and well arranged, I like it. Thank you and keep posting.


Charles | condo manila

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...