Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inspired by A Well Dressed Home + Advice Request

I recently discovered Emily at A Well Dressed Home and fell in love with her Vintage Master Bedroom Makeover.  I was especially drawn to the shelf above the bed.  The open frames and mix of neutrals is just stunning.
I wanted to recreate this look using what I had around the house.  The bleached peacock feathers, pearl beaded branch and bird eggs were all found at Hobby Lobby.  They were inexpensive and just what I needed to achieve my own version.  
Here is what I came up with...
Even though I loved the idea of taking old book pages and covering the back wall like she did, my hubby has terrible allergies!  I wanted to spare him from any further issues, especially while sleeping.  :)

So, what do you think?  I'm happy with how it turned it out, however, I'm not sure if above the bed is where it looks best.  I was at TJ Maxx/Home Goods a few weeks ago and fell in LOVE with this beauty.  Thus, making me rethink my decision... 
I think it would look great above the bed too.  Hubby and I did a little switch-a-roo last weekend and hung it there to see if it works better.  The walls will be changing to a gray color (I'm thinking Ashes by Behr) in the near future, helping this mirror to really stand out.   
But for now, this is how it looks.  
I'm torn... I really love both looks.  I'll admit, the shelf was hung a bit high, so should it stay here, we would need to lower it.  There is plenty of wall space in our master, so regardless, I have no doubt this shelf will be featured in this room!  My thoughts are that the distressed mirror looks best above the bed... what say you?
This look...
Or this look?
I would LOVE your advice on which one works best!

I'm linking up to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

3 comments:

Robin Johnson said...

Hmmmm, Although I like the shelf I'm think I like the mirror even more. Is is possible to move the shelf to another area in the room that could use a pretty display? That way you could have both - yah!

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

I like the simplicity of that gorgeous mirror! Plus, I'd hate to think of anything falling off of that shelf and on to your head. You know, while you're... uh, making the bed. I'm just saying!!!!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

I much prefer the mirror...the shelf is adorable though! Perhaps another place?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...