Thursday, January 26, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

Hi again!  We've been getting buckets of rain the last couple of days.  We needed it, as we've been on a water restriction for several months.  It would have to rain everyday for a month before they lift it.  Anywho... I came across this yummy ranch recipe and had to share it with you.  I was watching Chuck's Day Off on the Cooking Channel over Christmas and wrote the recipe down in my daughter's coloring book, the closest thing I could find.
This is what you need...
1/3 cup of mayo
1/3 cup of sour cream
1 tbsp of honey
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp of fresh garlic (1 clove)
1 scallion, finely chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (I used table salt)

Combine all ingredients together in small bowl and serve!
Keeps in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
It's a different twist on ranch.  The honey and lemon juice make it tart and sweet.
My kids liked it!
Let me know if you try it and you like it!

Look what the guys in brown delivered yesterday...
So excited!  I ordered it on Sunday and it came Wednesday!  Wish me luck on turning that (^) into this...


I know what I'll be doing during nap time!  :)

I'm linking up to:

Home Stories A2Z
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...