Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A New Year, A Fresh Start

Happy New Year!  It's been a busy first 3 days of this new year!  We've made some changes around here in the way of organizing, cleaning out closets and of course, packing up Christmas decor.  Over the long weekend, we made a trip to Ikea to pick-up an Expedit for the playroom.  With a new transformation, comes sorting and tossing of out-grown toys and cutting down on the clutter.  It has me motivated to hit other areas of the house.  I rearranged both of the kids bedrooms, as we get ready to transform Tyler into a big boy bed.  I can't wait for tomorrow, as it will be his first day back to preschool!  Both kids in school!  YAY!

While I'm getting things squared away and before I reveal the changes we've made,
 I want to share my wish list of things to accomplish in 2012.  I have had more fun browsing through all the recaps of 2011.  I've linked up to a few and I have to say, this is where you'll find the cream of the crop!
A few of these really inspired me to achieve my goals! 

To have a fresh and organized office with new paint, desk and area rug...
I can't wait to use my frugal find from Garden Ridge... this Trellis Rug for $49.99!

Inspiration from these two ladies, using the Ikea Expedit will give me the organized office I've been longing for!
Source: Megan @ Honey We're Home
Source: Elsa @ Casa Greer

Inspired by Amber Lane Living...
I'd like to finish what I started in the pantry...
Using the fabric I chose as my wallpaper...
Make cushions for the painted kitchen banquette using drop cloth fabric...
What do you hope to accomplish in 2012?  My plan is to knock out these projects, so that I can move on to other exciting ideas that I don't dare start until I finish the above!  
I also hope to enjoy living in my house more than doing... one can only hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pantry is amazing! It would be nice to just enjoy the house, and not always work on them, ha! We'll get there eventually. :-)

Special 'K' said...

Love your organisation. I could only wish at the end of the day mine looked so neat. Thanks for sharing. I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to come visit me and do the same. I look forward to engaging throughout twenty twelve with you. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Kellie Collis said...

Great line-up of projects! How exciting! Enjoy the lovely week ahead, Kellie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...