Monday, April 15, 2013

Flea Market Find... Pink Vintage Lamp

Hope everyone had a good weekend!  Just a quick post to show off my cute find over Easter weekend!  We went to my parents for the holiday and Mom and I were able to get away (just the two of us) for some shopping!  I scored this adorable pink vintage lamp base with aged brass detail for $8.99!  Yay!

 It needed rewiring, which was intimidating at first, but resulted in an easy fix!  After two weeks of looking for the perfect shade, I found this one at Target today!   I'm in love with their Threshold collection.  Many things I gravitate to (and have brought home) are from the vintage line.  
Here it is...  I'm in love with all the details!  
  
Loving the aged brass detail of the faux switch and lattice design on the neck.  The base has a beaded trim (as does the top) and soft rounded lines.  The lady at the shop thought the rewiring would cause hesitation in my purchase.  My mom convinced me that it was easy enough!
The lamp was worth the small bit of labor it took to get it working again!  :)
Here's the detail of the lamp with the light on... I think the criss-crossing pleats give it a feminine touch.  
 
Total cost:
lamp base - $8.99
rewiring kit - $7.99
lamp shade - $14.99
Just over $30 for this makeover!  I'm a happy bargain shopper!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Bekah said...

What a great find! And the shade is perfect for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...