Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm Dreaming of a White Kitchen

After several years of dreaming about a white kitchen, it is finally becoming a reality this year.  I've never really shared pictures of our space because, honestly... it's my least favorite room in the house.  Honey oak/pine (we don't know!!!) tudor style cabinets with dark green formica countertops and white appliances.  Don't get me wrong, it's functional, just not pretty.  Here's a small glimpse of our kitchen, celebrating Ava's 6th Birthday Par-TEA.
We did spiffy it up a bit last summer... building a kitchen banquette in our eating area, so that has helped... some.  
Making cushions and pillows for the space will be budgeted into the kitchen redo.  

Here are several inspiration photos I have been collecting over the past year.
We'd love to frame out our windows by the banquette and add blinds similar to these.
Anne @ Hello Newman's just recently changed up her windows by adding shelving and blinds.
Jane @ Modern Jane shows us her sister's updated kitchen.  I'm in love with the subway tile with its creamy white with grey, pink and tan veining, as described by Olympia Tile.  
This is called Milky Way White Marble in the mosaic brick pattern.  Isn't it gorgeous?
 White cabinets, black countertops, farmhouse sink... what's not to love?
Outdoor fabric, known for its durability (especially when small children are spilling liquids several times a day) will definitely be used when making the banquette cushions.  
This Sunbrella fabric in Dune is a great neutral for our space.  
Our cabinets are similar to these pictured above.  I love the subway tile and the mix of hardware.
Love the open shelving, blinds and farmhouse sink.  Swoon!
(via bhg.com)
Love the pendant lighting...
If all works out the way we hope, the transformation should start in early June.  I will post "before" pictures of our "oh so lovely" kitchen before the demolition begins.  I'm excited to track our progress through this long awaited journey.  Hope you'll join me!
All images and their sources can be found on my pinterest board titled Kitchen Ideas.

I'm linking up to Sarah's Show Us Your House:  Kitchens

1 comment:

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Loving all the inspiration photos, I can't wait to see what you do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...