Thursday, July 14, 2011

Coo-Coo for Craigslist PART 2 + Banquette Update!

Hi!  I'm back with pictures of our new addition and an update on the banquette.  You'll have to forgive the quality of some of these photos.  I'm still learning how to use my Nikon D40 and hope to take a class soon!
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I found a beautiful dresser made by Drexel Heritage. I'm just tickled with how it looks after some conditioning oil... now she shines!  It also helped with hiding those minor scratches too!
So, without further ado, here is my 55 dollar dresser - gotta love the price for this beauty!
Isn't she gorgeous?  I still can't believe it worked out, considering all the people that wanted her!  Sorry about the angle on this one, we temporally moved it upstairs to the game room and the pool table prevented me from taking a good shot.
Bear with me, there's quite a few pics in this post!
 Just look at those legs!  Need I say more?
I'm in love with the hardware!  Can't wait to shine them up with some Brasso!
Such a classic piece!  The previous owner said it's 30+ years old!  She's got good bones!

She has a few imperfections on the top (coffee ring, dings, scratches, etc.), but I hope to sand the top down and re-stain it, maybe a darker tone to compliment the details on the legs.  I've also considered painting it, but she's so pretty how she is, I think I'll keep her like this for awhile!  My plan is to (some day) use this dresser in the living room as a television console.  I've seen how Sarah showcases her lovely piece (I think ours look very similar) and I'm loving the 9-drawer storage!
Mine (above)
and Sarah's via Alicia on Pinterest

Now on to the kitchen banquette progress...
Hubby and I added the base molding and trim last week and it gives it a whole new look!  
Here's before the molding...
and after!
 He even cut openings to help open the lids!  My man thinks of everything!  
 Inside detail...
 base molding
 We're bummed about this lid.  See the gap?  It's warped!  How does 1-inch plywood warp???  We have extra wood to cut another one, but we've decided (for now) that we'll see if it settles on it's own.  
Now all we have left is to frame the center, add trim behind the hinges (against the wall) and PAINT!  
Oh, wait!  I have to sew cushions too!  Doh!  Okay, so there's still a lot to do, but we are really enjoying the extra storage, seating and new look it gives our kitchen!  Again, sorry for all the pictures, I just couldn't resist showing you every angle!  :)  Until next time...


and 


7 comments:

A Few Pennies said...

Great bargain for that beautiful dresser; I'll be back again often to see your updates to that lovely banquette. Have a great weekend.

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

I am coo coo for craigslist too! Love it!

Tammy said...

That is a gorgeous piece of furniture. I can't wait to see what you do with it. What a great job on the banquette! What a difference the trim makes. Looking forward to the finished project. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon.

Jenny@thelavendermagnolia said...

A. Love the name of your blog. Would name a baby girl that in a hot second! (but it's toooooo late for that!)

B. I swoon over that dresser. Have seen others like it on different blogs and have envied it every single time.

C. Glad you are keeping it as is for now. I couldn't bear to paint that one.

D. I found a dresser of my own on CL for $60 that people were chomping at the bit for and offering more money than advertised. Luckily I had a great seller who let me have it for the advertised price.

E. I am your newest follower!

Jenny
The Lavender Magnolia

P.S. Thanks for following me, too!

Jenna Duty said...

looks awesome!!!!!

xoxox
jenna duty

www.thedutyfamily.blogspot.com

Mimi@blueroofcabin said...

Love that dresser! It is Gorgeous and I think I like it stained too! So I have been waiting to see an update on your banquette and wondering why you havent posted lately, (I am following you in google reader) so I popped over and saw you have posted but it didnt show up in my reader. Weird. Reader says it cant find your URL. I hope I fixed it. Anywho the banquette looks great I love the trim!

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

The dresser has great lines. And only $55 bucks? I only seem to find cheap-o stuff that that price! I have a nightstand with a similar look, and I chose to paint it turquoise to go with my bedroom decor. Paint or leave as is ... I'm sure you'll make the best decision for your room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...