Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'm Coo-Coo for Craigslist!

Hi everyone!  Just wanted to say thank you for all the suggestions on the banquette hinges.  I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do.  After living with it for a few days, I'm kinda lovin' the exposed ORB hinges, they give it character!  The trim and base molding was added the other day and it has given it a totally different look.  I'm beyond excited to paint and make cushions for our new addition.

Speaking of new additions... I scored an amazing find tonight!  Just an hour after it was listed, I called this lady about her, wait for it... DREXEL HERITAGE LOW-BOY DRESSER!  Woo-hoo!  This is a beautiful piece!  SO glad I called when I did, because as I was driving to see the piece, she told me two people had inquired about it!  Then after I left, (paying for it and picking up later) she had received 8 more emails about it!  A few even wanted to buy it sight unseen!  I've missed out several times when it comes to treasures on Craigslist, so I knew with a little patience, my time would come, I just didn't expect it to be so soon!  It has it's usual wear and tear, but after a little love with some Old English, she is looking fantastic!

I'm so excited to show you some pictures, but being that it's very late (almost midnight), I'll be posting some tomorrow... better lighting, to show you the gorgeous details!  I've also taken some pictures of the banquette with it's new molding.
Stay tuned... it's worth the wait!  :)

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Hi Alicia,

Congrats on your wonderful find! I bet it will be a fantastic addition to your already wonderful home. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...