Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Think I May Have a Problem...

I LOVE Target... a little too much!  I can't seem to stay away from their clearance sections lately.  I've found some real goodies the past few weeks and have accumulated quite a collection of fixer-uppers and future project materials.
  Aren't they great?  I paid no more than $13.98 for one item.  I'm talking steals here! 
Here's the list of what I purchased and the price I paid...
Floral Shower Curtain:  Was $19.99 - Now $13.98...  I don't really consider this a great bargain, but I've had my eye on it for a while and it was the last one.
Gray Scroll Shower Curtain:  Was $19.99 - Now $5.98
Oval Bird Print:  $19.99 - Now $5.98 (had some chips and dings, but I have plans...)
Small Oval Metal Frame:  $11.99 - Now $3.58 (tiny chip in the glass, can't even tell)
Butterfly Vase:  Was $19.99 - Now $5.98
Gray Glass Tray:  Was $19.99 - Now $9.98

So excited about these finds!  Here is what I plan to do with them...
Floral Shower Curtain - I love this fabric!  I plan to sew pillows for Ava's bedroom makeover and use for other small projects.
Gray Scroll Shower - Make horizontal striped panels with drop cloth fabric for master bedroom closet window.
Oval Bird Print - I hope to create a gallery wall in Ava's room and the shape is perfect, who cares if it's a little distressed!  :)
Small Oval Metal Frame -  A little spray paint and I think this frame would make for a sweet silhouette, don't you?
Gray Glass Tray - Just picked this one up today (along with the floral curtain).  I almost walked away from this one, but then I saw another lady walking out with one and I bolted over to where they were.
On the way home, it dawned on me that I could use it in my gray and yellow office and bring the white one (that was also a bargain at $4.98, btw) upstairs to use in the master.
Butterfly Vase - This was the best one out of the other two I had to pick from.  It's missing half a wing, but I think using Centsational Girl's tutorial on making a clay petal vase will make her look like new again!
Have you been scoring good deals at Tar-jay?  Do you scour the aisles for red stickers?  
I think I may need to stay away for awhile, I have plenty to keep me busy!
Who am I kidding?  Staying away from that place is impossible! 

Come back soon to see what I'm doing with these letters and moss.  
Some of you may already know, as I've seen this repinned on my Pinterest!  :)
If you've read this post all the way to the end, you'll be happy to know I'm having my first giveaway when I reach 100 followers!  Have a great day!

I'm linking up to:
Tuesdays Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

6 comments:

Angie said...

I have a serious Target problem too, only I can't ever find good clearance items like these! I love your finds and it sounds like you have some great ideas for them!

Angie

Cristina Garay said...

I'm on the same boat! I love the clearance sections at Target! I just posted about a great deal I got there! The price I paid: $0.6!!

http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

Kari said...

I know whatcha are makin'!!!

Can I come shopping with you at Target? Please?! I promise to be good!! :)

Cynthia said...

Great scores! I'm sure you are going to have fun with them! I awarded you the versatile blogger award today, you can read about it here:
http://simplychictreasures.blogspot.ca/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

Andrea said...

I get so excited when I see those red stickers at Target. How can one store make so many people blissfully happy?

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

You're not alone- I love Target too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...