Monday, April 09, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award

When I started blogging about a year ago, I never imagined it would evolve into such a wonderful outlet for meeting people that share the same passions I do.  Last week, Sweet Ava Kate received The Liebster Blog Award by two bloggers, Kari @ A Grace Full Life and Megan and her crew @ Our Pinteresting Family.  Both of these ladies have amazing talent, if you haven't discovered them yet you're missing out!  I am humbled and honored, as this award is given to bloggers that are just starting their journey and recognizes their creativity.
The Liebster Blog Award promotes blogs with less than 200 followers, as a way to get their names out there.  Apparently, Liebster means 'beloved or dearest,' but it can also mean 'favorite.'  
As a Liebster award recipient, I now have the opportunity to pass this award on to five other bloggers.

In order to accept this award, the recipient must do the following:
                                            1.  Thank the person that presented the award.
                                            2.  Link back to that person(s) blog.
                                            3.  Copy and paste the award to your blog.
                                            4.  Present the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers
                                                    (bloggers who you think deserve this special recognition)
                                            5.  Let those deserving bloggers know by leaving them a comment.

AND THE AWARD GOES TO:
Angie @ Flibbertigibberish - First of all, I have known this funny lady all our lives, she is my sweet cousin.  Her stories about raising four children will keep you coming back for more.  I love her creativity!  In honor of our recent holiday, I will say her tutorial on how to dye Easter eggs using thrift store neckties is truly my favorite!

Susan @ Mad Sky Designs - My dear friend!  Our girls became friends through pre-school and it was instant friendship when we met.  She is an amazing person and extremely talented with stamping and card making.  Her homemade cards are magazine worthy!  

Laura @ Elegant Nest - I just met this sweet lady and she has graciously sent me design tips, as this is her specialty! She once had a business designing and creating hand painted shoes!

Allyson @ Cupcakes & Candy Canes - She's a crafty christian blogger with a huge heart!  She's currently busy planning her wedding!

Jena @ Involving Color and Home - Jena and I have something in common... we LOVE paint!  We found each other through a common blogger and I'm so glad we did!  

Thank you to Kari and Megan for this award and to all my readers for your encouragement!  
I look forward to continuing this journey and seeing what's to come!  


3 comments:

Allyson McGuire said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll probably be posting later today, and I will definitely be giving you a shoutout!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Thanks Alicia! What a nice surprise!
Have a great day ~ Laura

Angie said...

Congratulations Alicia! You deserve it. You are creative and sweet and have a wonderful blog!
Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...