Friday, December 02, 2011

Vintage Bench

I'm so excited to share my furniture find that I scooped up last week.  We decided to consign our HUGE office furniture and recently learned that one of the desks sold!  YAY!
I went to the consignment store to look around and fell in love with this little bench!  
 Love the detail of the legs and curves!
I removed the harvest gold damask fabric 
and discovered another VERY old fabric underneath...
They were both upholstered with these...
I was afraid of what I might find under the older fabric, so I just left it.
The seat definitely needed more cush for the tush, 
I added some batting before covering it with burlap.
Here's the before...
and my happy after...
I've been looking for the perfect bench for this spot and for 20 dollars, I'm thrilled! Not sure if I'll paint it or not.  The beat up legs are kinda growing on me.  What would you do with this lovely bench?  
Leave it as is or refinish it?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!  :) 

You'll find me at these parties:

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Nice find, cute bench! I'd leave as is except for under $9.00 at Home Depot or Ace Hardware you can buy some Howard Restor-A-Finish and make that old finish look like new! They have lots of finishes, looks like dark oak or walnut would do great on the bench! I use it all the time, it made the old oak trim in my century old home look fabulous and refreshed. It's great on vintage furniture too! BTW, love your family rules!!

lifeinthepiedmontvictorian.blogsot.com

At The Picket Fence said...

What a great deal and it looks fantastic! I love the look of the wood with the burlap but its nice to know you can always paint it if you change your mind. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
Vanessa

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

odd man out here--I'd paint it! :)

You did a fabulous job with the recovering!

gail

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...