Friday, November 04, 2011

Shabby Chic Chairs

Hi again!  I've been doing some shopping at my local thrift store this week.  Every Tuesday they have 30% off furniture.  The truck had just pulled up when I was heading out the door.  They were unloading a recent pick-up and these chairs caught my eye! 
Aren't they darling?  They were $4.99 each, after the discount, I paid $7.57 for both!
They are very shabby, lots of chips and cracks in the paint.
 A good scrubbing with Krud Kutter and this chair will look a lot better.  
I may add more shabbiness by sanding and distressing.  I'm thinking one will go on the porch (isn't she cute sitting there?) and the other stripped and repainted.
This was my first time to use Citristrip... 
after about 30-45 minutes, it was ready for clean-up!
This stuff works great, however, I think I prefer flat surfaces when stripping old paint. 
 So many curves and crevices on this antique!
Back in the day, this chair wore many colors.  
I discovered yellow, turquoise, green, blue and black!
I'll be back soon to show you my progress.  
I have a feeling this one's going to take awhile!  
Have a great weekend! 

I'm linking to these parties:

4 comments:

Brassy Apple said...

so fun!

just became your newest PINterest follower :)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Those chairs are fun! Good find!

A Vintage Vine said...

How are the chairs coming? I love the one on the front porch, it reallly adds alot to the fall look! You got a great deal on them! Yeah, ACO!

Donna Heber said...

Hi Alicia,

What a fabulous find! I can't belive you only paid $7.57 - awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how you refinish them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...