Monday, August 15, 2011

Altered Art

Have you ever tried to find coordinating pieces of art to complete the look of a room?  It may be that you want the same frame or similar art style.  When I was redecorating our master bedroom (about two years ago), I came across this beautiful framed Tuscany inspired piece at Hobby Lobby.  Sorry for the quality, it was a small pic that I enlarged to show detail.
The colors worked well with our bedding, Pottery Barn's Simone.  I first fell in love with this pattern when AnNicole at Our Suburban Cottage featured her splurge on two of their pillow covers!  Can you believe after almost two years of discovering this bedding, it is still full price?  I happened to find mine on eBay for about $75 dollars.  This included the duvet and two standard shams!  Can we say score?
I had owned the Tuscan print for at least a year when I decided to move it into our bedroom.  I wasn't sure my hunt for a coordinating piece would be successful.  Fortunately, I came across one that had the same frame/layout style as mine.  I didn't care for the rusty orange flower, but I didn't let that stop me!
(I had already started dismantling this when I realized I hadn't taken a before shot.)

 I went to the poster section @ HL (1/2 off that week) & found this:
Due to the size and space I was working with, I couldn't incorporate both trees, so I measured and cropped the cluster of trees I wanted and mod podged it right over the existing print.

Here's the result:
Here's a close-up...  I started with this print,
 purchased this $5 poster,
and transformed it into this:
    I love how it turned out!

So next time you're in search of coordinating art, but there's something about one of them that doesn't appeal to you, just tweak it!

Have a great day!  :)


I'm linking up to:
Metamorphosis Mondays at Between Naps on the Porch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea, and a new way to create an art masterpiece of your own:) Well done! God bless x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...