Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine Pom-Pom Wreath

I was cruising around blogland (when am I not?), when I discovered this adorable heart shaped pom-pom wreath by Wendy at Ordinary Miracles of Life.  I'm not usually one to decorate for heart day, but after seeing this, I had to make an exception.  Wendy made hers by winding yarn around three fingers.  I tried this with some yarn I already had and let's just say it didn't turn out as well.  :(  Hobby Lobby has their 40% off coupon this week, so after grabbing the wreath and festive yarn, I snagged a pom-pom maker.  
As you can see, two came to a package.  I purchased a 12" wreath (9" is shown, I plan to make a smaller one for Ava's room), three Red Heart yarn colors... Deep Red, Baby Pink and Soft White.
The directions on the pom-pom maker are super easy, so I'll skip the "how-to."
I tied each pom-pom around the wreath in a double knot.  
This is what it looked like when all were attached...
After snipping and primping...
The sweet valentine on the mirror came from my grandpa a few years ago.  He's 95 now, but when he was able, he'd send a single rose and valentine every year to all his daughters, granddaughters and great-granddaughters.  We live all over, so it was always thoughtful to hear from him.
The glitter hearts were given to me by my sweet cousin, Angie.  She has a blog too... check her out at www.flibbertigibberish.blogspot.com.
Thank you, Wendy for sharing this "sweet" tutorial with us.  It was fun to make!  I plan to purchase the smaller pom-pom maker to create one for Ava's room and for teacher gifts.

I'm linking up to:

Home Stories A2Z
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

2 comments:

Jessica Dimas said...

SO cute! And looks super easy, I'm gonna give this one a try!

Kerstie said...

Very cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...