Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Created a Favicon... For Free!

Wow!  I think this may be a record for me, three posts in four days!  Somehow I feel this won't happen very often.  :)  I wanted to share a quick post about my added feature.  As I was linking up to some parties and viewing the ones posted, I stumbled across a blogger named Becca at From Gardners to Bergers.  She was gracious enough to share how you can create your own favicon for free.  A favicon is that orange B (Blogger) or W (Wordpress) to the left of your web address.  I've always admired the personal favicons of my favorite bloggers; now I can say I have my own "bling!"

To make your own, go to her tutorial post here.  She takes you through a step-by-step process that is super easy to follow!   She also shows you how to create your own blog button!  You can go here for details on the "how-to."

Thanks Becca!  I've always wanted to know how to do this!  My next (hopefully successful) attempt will be the button!  Here is my favicon, up close and personal!

  

1 comment:

From G2B said...

Hey Kate, I love your button! So perfect for the feel of your blog! I'm glad the tutorial wasn't too complicated, can never tell when I write those things. The buttons are even easier, so I'm sure you'll so great! {umm, there's a tut on my blog if you need. ;D }

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...